Thanks to all the business representatives and residents that attended the preconstruction meeting held this week at the Village Hall.
Construction of the project will begin on Monday, June 12th. The first work to be completed is the construction of the underground utilities (water main and storm sewer).
Starting Monday, June 12th, a full roadway closure will be in affect along Glenview Road from east of the bridge to Waukegan Road. A detour route utilizing Dewes Street and Harlem Avenue will be set-up.
The project consists of water main and storm sewer improvements, sidewalk removal and replacement, installation of stamped and colored concrete, new landscaping, an irrigation system, traffic signal up-grades, new street lighting, and roadway repaving.
Work Completed this week, May 30th to June 2nd
· Resident / Business Owner Preconstruction Meeting
· Construction layout
· Marking trees scheduled to be removed
Work Anticipated to be performed Next Week, June 5th to 9th
· Saw-cutting along limits of construction
· Installation of temporary street lights
· Installation of temporary traffic signals at Church Street & Glenview Road
· Mobilization of equipment
· Material deliveries
Work to be performed week of June 12th
· Set-up full roadway closure of Glenview Road from east of the bridge to Waukegan Road
· Set-up detour route utilizing Waukegan Road, Dewes Street, and Harlem Avenue
· Install construction fencing within the roadway around staging area from Shoppers Row / Oil Lamp Theater to Waukegan Road. Sidewalk will remain open to pedestrians.
· Begin water main construction
· Begin storm sewer construction
· Begin concrete sidewalk removal on west end of project near railroad tracks.