· Performed asphalt pavement patching in areas of failed pavement.
· Cleaned and prepped roadway for first layer of asphalt pavement
· Excavated proposed planting beds to remove unsuitable materials prior to planting.
· Installed electrical outlets and lighting
· Installed first layer of asphalt pavement
Work Anticipated to be Performed, October 2nd to October 6th
· Adjust manholes to final grade after paving first layer of asphalt pavement
· Add topsoil to planting beds
· Plant trees in planting beds
· Install electrical outlets
· Perform traffic signal work
· Continue with irrigation system work.
The project has hit another significant milestone, installation of the first layer of asphalt pavement. Once the asphalt pavement is installed, the amount of dust will be greatly reduced and a smooth driving surface will be provided.
The contractor will perform manhole adjustments over the next week. As this process occurs, vehicles will need to maneuver around additional barrels and barricades to avoid hitting the raised manhole covers.
The contractor will begin planting trees as well next week. The contractor will only plant the trees during this construction season. The remaining shrubs and perennial plantings will be planted in the Spring of 2018 to provide a better chance of survival.
If all goes as planned, a majority of the construction will be completed around mid-October.