· Poured concrete sidewalk from River Drive to Church Street
· Poured colored and stamped concrete sidewalk from River Drive to Church Street
· Poured concrete driveways and sidewalks at public parking lot east of River Drive (next to Oil Lamp Theater). Access is now restored.
· Lowering of manholes in preparation for pavement milling.
· Continued with irrigation and street lighting installations along project site.
Work Anticipated to be Performed, September 18th to September 22nd
· Milling existing pavement along Glenview Road from Harlem Avenue to Waukegan Road (Glenview Road and Harlem Avenue Project)
· Perform patching of failed pavement sections as identified after milling.
· Continue with installation of electrical and irrigation systems along project site.
· Perform repairs to water main system identified during final testing.
On Monday and Tuesday next week, the contractor will be milling the existing pavement along Glenview Road from Harlem Avenue to Waukegan Road as part of the Harlem Avenue Improvement and the Glenview Road Improvements. The work has been scheduled to be completed at the same time to reduce the length of travel delays. We do anticipate some travel delays along Glenview Road early next week while the work is on-going, please plan accordingly.
Concrete sidewalk work is nearly completed for the entire project with the exception of areas where the temporary traffic signal and light poles are in conflict.
We do anticipate the travel delays to be more significant during the roadway phase since the work will be performed primarily within the travel lanes in lieu of the sidewalks as performed previously. It is anticipated that the first layer of asphalt pavement will be installed the week of September 25th.
Thanks for your understanding and patience as you deal with the travel delays associated with the roadway improvements.